for Wenonah Council
• John and his wife, Kathy, have lived in Wenonah for 27 years, where they also raised their daughter, Kristin, and son, Benjamin.
• A retired teacher with 40 years of experience, John was named Gateway’s Teacher of the Year in 2006. John taught English to two generations of Wenonah residents, creating the first Advanced Placement Course at Gateway and initiating the British literature honors program and two popular film studies courses.
• A long-time coach of boys’ and girls’ soccer for the WAA, John was active in the Hometown Heroes Committee as well as numerous Wenonah Lake Association events.
• On the Borough Council for nine years, John served four years as Chair of the Personnel Committee during the restructuring of the municipal office. He also served as Chair of the Human Services Committee and the Public Safety Committee, and as a member of the Legal and Ordinance Committee and Wenonah Library Board.
• John is a published cartoonist, illustrator, and caricaturist. His work has been featured in Bob Shryock’s column as well as WXPN’s The Key.